Thursday, May 19, 2005

I have attached a link to my gross photos and if you REALLY want to see this stuff, you can head over there yourself. I'll do that and if I decide later to actually put up the pics, I can.

So anyway, I've learned a lot of useful information about all sorts of really cool stuff that comes in handy here at my house of critters. Case in point, the night Red (my pit bull/bullmastiff mix) decided to snitch about 3 pounds of raw ground beef off the counter. I knew that it wasn't really the best idea and he'd probably end up sick at some point. Better under controlled circumstances than in the bed later that night. Luckily for us, that very day a dog had come in suspected of eating rat poison. Inducing vomiting was a priority, naturally and since you can't get them to stick their "finger" down their throats, the physician had something wonderful in his bag of tricks. I recalled the dosage of the stuff that most people keep in the house and realized that I somehow had to figure out how to get a pint of it down my dog's throat. Out we went to the driveway and started pouring. If you have the guts (no pun intended, well, ok, maybe) to go look at the results, you can take a look at the link to my pics. Needless to say, all 3 pounds of raw ground beef, his dinner and all the slime and slobber ended up on my driveway a shortwhile later.
Now it may or may not sound like a lot, but 3 pounds of ground beef (or anything, for that matter) is more than it seems. Hosing it down to the gutter wasn't really an option. The only thing I could think of was to get a dust pan and a garbage can.

Okay, so that was one of the nastier things that I have to deal with, either at home or at the office. But if you think about it, it's not much different than working with a bunch of lil kids, right? Except for the shedding, the drool and being attacked on occasion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home